Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Boo-tiful cupcakes...and some BIG news!



Guess what!? We're moving! No not to another state again...the blog is moving. To a brand new shiny site! That's right were headed to Wordpress, and I could not be any more thrilled or anxious. The truth is we've outgrown this site for a bit now. I'm really limited what I can do here on Wordpress. I've been getting lots of emails on site things like how to follow by email, easy printing of the recipes, and so on. I just wanted to let you guys know that I hear you! I haven't really worked much at updating this site as we've grown because I have know for a while we would be moving, I just had to get it all set in stone before sharing. Soon we'll be shedding this plain jane site and slipping into something fantastic. Are you as excited as I am?


Now generally when it comes to moving, I'm a pro. Let's just say my children average one state per year they've been alive (thank you Army). How I wish I could just box everything up and load onto another site, add some fresh paint, and cute decor....but of course it doesn't work like that. For this move I am way over my head, so I've enlisted some help. Sugar studios will be building a page from scratch! If you haven't checked out them out head on over and find them on Facebook. Her work is fantastic and I can't wait to get started. But because she's awesome she's got a long line of work so the new site won't be launched until the end of the year. Which is really a good thing, because even though I am so ready shed this old site, it gives me time to plan and figure out how everything needs to be! But why am I telling you guys now? Because I want YOU to be a part of the process. Without you guys Make.Bake.Celebrate it just a online journal of all my crazy ramblings and a few photos (ok a lot of photos). But my awesome readers make it an fun place! Somewhere I get to create and then share with you...and I really love interacting with you guys...see your pictures and reading your comments! I want the new site to be a great tool and a fun site, a place where you can find recipes, crafts, party ideas, printable...all with ease. I have lots of ideas for the site but I really want to hear what you want....do you guys have any ideas?  Please let me know! Feel free to email me or leave a comment below. 

Oh...and I made cupcakes! It just wouldn't be me to post a boring blog post without some fun pictures. So I thought I share some BOO-tiful cupcakes I made. Remember when I made the candy corn meringues and I slipped in a few ghost? They ended up being the perfect cupcake toppers. Really easy and really cute! So if your looking for an easy dessert give these a try! I used a devils food cupcake iced with a flat swirl of butter cream and sprinkles. They I just pipped a little blob of icing on top and stuck them on there. My meringue recipe is here and if you need buttercream info you can find that here. Their not just a treat either their also a trick...because the meringues look just like pipped buttercream. Ok I'll stop trying to be clever now...


You may also notice a few changed here and there as I try to make do on blogger for the last few months. Make sure your following M.B.C on Facebook so you can keep up with all the changes and things going on in the near future...and thanks for being patient as I get everything in order. I can't wait! 


Happy Baking!