Sunday, November 18, 2012

Munchkin Munchies - Lump of Coal Cookies

 
Today I am so excited because have a really special treat for you! Sue from Munchkin Munchies is here sharing a super fun treat, lump of coal cookies! Make sure to check out her site here...trust me you will be glad you did. Munchkin Munchies is full of fun dessert cuteness that you don't want to miss out on. If your like me you could spend hours lost in all her creative posts...so here are a few favs of mine to get you started :)
 
Mini Mug Pops - I am so making these soon!
 
 
Turkey cookies in a jar - who says playing with their food is bad?
 
 
Corn dog cookies - crazy cool right?
 

April fool's cookies - these are seriously probably my favorite treat ever!?
 
 
Some pretty awesome stuff right? Sue is crazy talented! I won't keep you waiting any longer though.....here's Sue!

 
Have you ever received a lump (or two) of coal in your Christmas stocking? I haven't, but that's not because I didn't deserve it at one time or another.  
None of my children ever received a lump of coal in their stockings either, even though they each may have deserved it at least once:)

Do you know someone that has been naughty this year? 

I heard you have been naughty not nice,
And Santa even checked his list twice.
So all the way from the cold North Pole
all you're getting is a bag (or jar*:)) of coal. 
 (author unknown)
* I added
 
If you do know someone that is deserving of coal in their stocking, you've come to the right place!
And though these cookies may look like lumps of coal,  the naughty individual will know they're in for a real treat with the first bite:)
To make them I used my favorite sugar cookie recipe and added AmeriColor Super Black food color soft gel paste to it.
The dough was then hand shaped into rustic square-ish shapes, and baked as usual. EASY~PEASY!

The fabulous "lump of coal" tag is a free printable and I found it on  I heart naptime, though it was created by guest-poster Eighteen 25.  It adds a  fun element to the coal.  
 
 
Maybe someone will give you some lump of coal cookies:)

I'd like to thank Toni for giving me this opportunity to guest-post on her creative and cute blog! She is so talented! 
It was a lot of fun to share this treat with all of you!